- Michael Andrew Bridge Morpurgo, OBE FKC AKC (born 5 October 1943) is an English author, poet, playwright and librettist, best known for his work in children’s literature. He was the third Children’s Laureate.
- (fact) a statement or assertion of verified information about something that is the case or has happened; “he supported his argument with an impressive array of facts”
- A thing that is indisputably the case
- Used in discussing the significance of something that is the case
- A piece of information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article
- (fact) an event known to have happened or something known to have existed; “your fears have no basis in fact”; “how much of the story is fact and how much fiction is hard to tell”
- (fact) a piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred; “first you must collect all the facts of the case”
facts about michael morpurgo – War Horse:
In 1914, Joey, a beautiful bay-red foal with a distinctive cross on his nose, is sold to the army and thrust into the midst of the war on the Western Front. With his officer, he charges toward the enemy, witnessing the horror of the battles in France. But even in the desolation of the trenches, Joey’s courage touches the soldiers around him and he is able to find warmth and hope. But his heart aches for Albert, the farmer’s son he left behind. Will he ever see his true master again?
Michael Morpurgo at the Index Awards 2012
The event took place at the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel on Wednesday 28 March 2012, in front of an audience of 400.
Michael Morpurgo – Author
facts about michael morpurgo
Farm Boy is the heartwarming sequel to War Horse, the beloved novel that has now been made into a play and a major motion picture.
Albert’s son is all grown up, an old man now. But he has a shameful secret he’s kept to himself his whole life. As he comes to terms with the truth, he tells stories of the farm of his childhood–his war hero dad, skipping school to help with the harvest, and of course the wonderful horses, Joey and Zoey.
The charming book speaks to the bond between generations, and captures the spirit of rural life and the love of horses.